Saturday, October 15, 2011

DRIVE

Directed by: Nicolas Winding Refn
Starring: Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan, Bryan Cranston, Christina Hendricks
Rated: R
Review by: Sherri
I LOVED this movie! When I came put of the theater, I was ecstatically happy. I love good drama, and I love Ryan Gosling!

This film is about a driver, played by Gosling who works at an auto shop, and occasionally drives as a stunt driver/getaway car driver/hero. Gosling was wonderful. He always is. His character is so cool, and collected, and then...

Carey Mulligan plays Gosling's neighbor, and Bryan Cranston (who I can't seem to get enough of lately) plays Gosling's boss. This movie was totally unpredictable to me. I never knew where the next scene would take me, and at the end of the film, I was in a completely different place that I ever though I would be.


The style of the film is one to note. It was a modern story with almost a chincy eighties feel. I loved the music, it fit the film wonderfully. The lighting, and music together, gave the film a stylish lonely, but bold and new feel. However, if you are squeamish at all, this may not be for you. Now go see it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment